Sunday 3 February 2013

The last couple months in the life of the Hubers.

So it's been a shamefully long time since I've blogged. My only excuse, is that it was such a hassle for me to upload my pics that I didn't have the time or energy to tackle them all. BUT..thanks to Joel's parents we got a wonderful Ipad for Christmas and it's made my blogging experience soooo much easier. So you just might be hearing more from me than you'd actually like. Haha!
Anyways, onto power photo break down. Put on some jamming beats and join me as I try to rush through the past month or so.
Here are couple random photos I snapped of us at Kai's swim lessons.
Snuggle time at home.
I love that Joel and Jake are having a smirking contest and that Kai Is looking mischievous with his dirty stache. Drawn on curtesy of Joel.
At Joel's work party. The food was absolutely mouthwatering! And who did we get to share the table with?
Our great friends Justin & Alison. We had so much fun together!
Ha! Had to include this pic of child labor. Yeah right! Kai thinks of my mop as a gigantic toy. He's so very helpful!
Family time making some Christmas cookies.
Got this free printable online. The only real Christmas decoration I had up other than the tree this year. I LOVE the movie Elf!!

At the Christmas Eve service at our church posing with some of my hot lady friends, Laura & Alison.
Kai & I having fun on my phone while Jake was napping.
Joel and I escaped to Seattle for our 7th wedding anniversary. It was an amazing trip! Thanks to my in-laws for watching the boys for us!

Ok I know this seems silly. I don't think I've ever wanted to take a pic of the inside of a dressing room before but I just loved this store so much! It's called "All Saints". I just loved the vintage industrial feel. I mean check out that awesome steel door & mirror & chunky wooden stool. Love!
Poor Joel. He was the muse in all my pics. Here we are in Anthropologie and the decorations were insane. As you can tell from Joel's expression he is ooing & aahing b/c they were that amazing. ;)
We had a great stay at the Sheraton hotel right downtown. We actually had a great view from our room although washed out in these pics. Oh well...photo opp.
I did a bunch of research on all the best places to go. We went on the hunt for a restaurant called "The Pink Room". It was kind of hidden away and we're so glad that we found it. Best Italian food we've ever had! Then we made our way down to movie theater and watched "Les Mis". I liked it ok but Joel couldn't wait till it was over. Probably part of the reason being our seats. They were so incredibly uncomfortable. For breakfast we walked down to Pike's Place Market and found the famous "Crumpet Shop".
I asked an employee what he would suggest to order. He mentioned a few things, one called "The Life Changer". So that's what I ordered. Delicious crumpet, with cream cheese, topped with organic walnuts and maple syrup. And a steam milk with vanilla. Um wow. I am literally drooling right now as I write this. We are definitely coming back to this place in the future.
Joel had a crumpet with cream cheese, egg and ham. He said it was delicious as well.
Crumpet Chef hard at work.
It was a cute little shop. And I do mean little. This is basically it, except for the stool section where I'm sitting.

Poor Joel. It's one thing to have to come on an all weekend shopping trip with his wife, but then I had to subject him to posing in all of my pics. As you can tell from his expression he was so done by this point, but we love the show "Big Bang Theory" and I especially wanted to get a pic of Joel with Sheldon. (Joel is holding a bag of crumpets that he got for free because they'd misplaced his order)
Tried getting a shot of us in front of the Pike's Place Sign.
When we were at the Crumpet Shop we chatted with some Seattleites (yes I looked it up). I asked them for lunch options and they suggested a sausage place called Uli's there in the market. I was thinking "really sausage? a glorified hot dog?...I don't know". Boy was I wrong! I sound like a hick when I say this, but it was lip-smacking good! And I absolutely love that I captured this pic of Joel. Haha! He's gonna kill me. This just might be my favourite pic in this whole post. Shall we vote??
Here's a pic of the place. Funny thing was the Seahawks were playing the Falcons. So of course everyone in Seattle wanted to be glued to a TV. There was a TV inside this little shop. So while we were eating, quite the crowd had gathered around and had their faces pressed up to the windows (which was where we we're sitting). I had my back to the window and all of a sudden Joel said "don't turn around now but there's a bunch of people watching the game behind you". Haha! It was actually kind of fun. To be part of the Seattle action, hearing them cheer and yell at the TV.
Aaaaaaand back to reality. It was so great to have the time away but it was amazing coming home to these two mischievous munchins.
We have recently been taking advantage that there is a nice little park area at the end of our street. I love that I don't have to pack up the kids and snacks and diapers. We just walk down the street and come home if we need anything. I really do love our neighborhood.
My sweet boy.
Jake...not sure about the swing.
Look at his precious face!! Not gonna lie..I like to nibble on those cheeks quite often.

Well that's it for now. I still need to upload recent house pics and a tutorial on how we did the concrete countertops. I will be posting those very soon. Now that I have this oh so useful app and I don't dread on loading pics anymore. ;) Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. We just loved all those photos!! Keep up the good work!!

    Hugs to all!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete